Serving as a county-wide Community Focal Point for seniors, the Rock Island County Senior Center offers a variety of services for persons aged 60 and over. These services are funded primarily by the Western Illinois Area Agency on Aging (WIAAA) and are designed to help seniors live independently in their own homes. Services include:
Additional funding for Project NOW’s Senior Services comes from the United Way of the Quad Cities and participant donations.
A dedicated group of volunteers delivers over 70,000 meals annually to approximately 350 homebound seniors each day.
- Provides a Lunch Time Meal
- Meals Are Available Monday – Friday
- Meals Are Also Available on Holidays
- Suggested Donation of $4.00 Per Meal
- In Rock Island County Call 309-788-6335
- In Mercer County Call 309-582-2644.
- Office Hours Are 8 am – 5 pm Monday Through Friday
We need your help! To volunteer to deliver home delivered meals call (309)788-6335.
Hot meals are served at 6 sites in Rock Island County and 1 sites in Mercer County :
- Provides a Mid Day Meal
- Meals Are Available Monday – Friday
- Opportunity to Socialize With Friends
- Suggested Donation of $3.00 Per Meal
- In Rock Island County Call (309)788-6335
- In Mercer County Call (309)582-2644
Meal programs are funded by Western Illinois Area Agency on Aging and through the Illinois Department on Aging.
Rock Island County Meal Sites:
(M-F) Rock Island County Senior Center, 2221 11th St, Rock Island
(M-F) Westwood Terrace 2200 1st Street A, Moline
(M-F) Colona House, 54 41st Ave, East Moline
Edgington Presbyterian Church, 13228 140th St W Edgington
(Tu, W, Th) 1st United Methodist Church, 9412 228th St. N,
(W) American Legion Hall, Reynolds
Mercer County Meal Sites:
(M-F) Mercer County Senior Center, 137 W Main
For residents of Rock Island and Mercer County 60 years and over, Transportation Services are offered to Congregate Meal Sites, Medical Appointments, Grocery Shopping, Social Security and Human Services offices.
- Wheelchair Accessible Vans
- Door-to-Door Service
- Reservations Accepted
- 24 Hours Advance Notice Requested
Information & Assistance:
Seniors and Informal Caregivers can meet face to face with trained staff and receive Information & Assistance on a variety of services available to them including:
- Utility Assistance
- Social Security Issues
- Public Aid Application Assistance
- Certified SHIP Counselor
- Medicare Part D Information/Enrollment
- Clothing and Food Pantry Vouchers
- Information and Links to Other Community Services
Outreach Staff provide home-based appointments to better meet the needs of homebound seniors.
Aging & Disability Resource Center:
The Rock Island County Senior Center is an Aging and Disability Resource Center and is able to serve older adults and/or adults 18 years of age or older with a disability. Any adult may access Information & Assistance to understand what community services may be available to meet their needs at our agency and receive referrals and follow up assistance to access services they need. Services available to adults 18 years of age or older with a disability include:
- Information & Assistance
- Referral for Services
- Individual Options Counseling
- Benefits Checkup for State and Federal Benefits
The Rock Island Senior Center is open 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and provides a wide range of activities for Seniors including:
- Crafts, Cards and Board Games
- Health and Nutrition Presentations
- TV, VCR, Computer Access and Daily Newspapers
- Rules of the Road Class
- AARP Tax Preparation
- Special Events and Parties
- Good Fellowship and a Chance to Meet New Friends
- Nintendo Wii Video Gaming Console, including Wii bowling tournaments.
Each of our meal site locations have fun activities as well. April Activities.
For More Information on Any of These Programs Contact:
Rock Island County Senior Center
2221 11th Street
Rock Island, Il 61201