Project NOW Housing Division offers a variety of programs to the residents of Rock Island, Henry and Mercer counties. These programs, funded primarily by the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), bring essential services to help improve the communities we serve.
Homebuyer Classes are provided by
Rock Island Economic Growth Corp.
in partnership with Project NOW
Project NOW offers HUD Approved Homebuyer Education classes that emphasize:
- Budgeting & How to Improve your Credit Score
- What you need to do to obtain a Mortgage Loan
- Looking for a Home and How a Real Estate Agent can help you
- What Home Inspections you will need and HUD’s Requirements
- Homeowner’s Insurance, Title Insurance, Taxes and The Closing
- Maintenance and Ongoing Responsibilities and Life as a homeowner
Classes are held monthly on Saturdays. They are free and open to the public, however due to limited seating, a reservation is necessary. Please call Project NOW at 309-793-6391 Ext. 126 or Rock Island Economic Growth Corp. At 309-788-6311 to reserve your seat for the next available class.
Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program with Rehab
This HUD Approved Homebuyer Class is the first requirement to becoming eligible for all of the IHDA Homebuyer Assistance Programs. The other requirements are:
- Pre-Purchase Counseling and Homebuyer Application must be arranged with Project NOW
- Homebuyer must be at or below 80% Area Median Income
- Cannot already own a home
- Must be able to put a “minimum” of $1,000 toward the down payment
- House being purchased cannot value over $130,000 after rehab
The Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program with Rehab provides:
$1,000 to $8,000 toward the down payment
$2,000 toward closing costs
Up to $28,500 in repairs and updates before move-in
This is a 0% forgivable loan for 5 or 10 years depending on the increased value after rehab.
Home Repairs for Low Income Homeowners
Homeowners who are at or below 50% Area Median Income may apply for available Rehab Programs such as the Emergency Repair Program and the Home Modification Program. These programs address necessary repairs such as leaky roofs, plumbing issues, electrical problems, handicapped accessible bathrooms and ramps.
Homeowner Counseling and Foreclosure Intervention
Project NOW provides homeowner counseling and Foreclosure Intervention Services. For further information please call 309-793-6391.